събота, 26 октомври 2013 г.

Northern Greece Cycling Trip

Day 1, 11.10.2013, Fakia-Radovets

My Greece cycling trip started deep in Bulgaria. It took me more than two days to step onto Greek ground.

First thing I noticed was no frost after Momina carkva. Several days before here in Fakia we had a very severe frost that ruined all our vegetables. Obviously that's the river's influence. So if you plan to build you a house or a bungallow somewhere try to avoid places nearby rivers. They bring frost.

Down on the road I saw a luxurios camper similar to the camper used in the movie "Meet the Fockers". It came from Hungary. Its owners have probably won a great amount of money, knacked some jackpot maybe and now they don't need to work. They can only travel around the world, they do not feel the need to build up something. Unlike such people ordinary people constantly strive to achieve, to create something, we are ambitious. Why would people do that? My opinion-in order to get someone's attention, approval, sympathy. CONCLUSION: ambitious people are weak. If you've got an ambitious boss at work he/she is an asshole, don't forget this.

Last time when I passed through Elhovo (this year's spring) I again ate at the "Biraria". There was a problem with my steak-it was too small compared to the weight stated on the menu and it came with a great delay. And you know how important is time management to a cyclist. I complained to the manager, he excused hisself. This time he came first to me recognizing me and even shook my hand saying he was happy to see me again in his restaurant. He even gave me a can from those energizing drinks.

Two stories I'd like to share from Radovets.
1) A neighbor of my host (the host is the family of a friend of mine Tonkata) was attending a wedding ceremony in Kazanlak. A guy from Sofia sat next to him and started talking stuff like Sofians are the greatest, they've got all the technologies, people from the villages are stupid etc. Our guy naturally wanted to revenge and he decided to do this by making him drunk. So he started drinking together with him rakia that he brought, 55 degrees. While the Sofia guy drank hard (бая поемал) our guy just touched the glass with the tip of his tongue and even added some water into the rakia. Consequently the Sofia guy got drank quite fast.

BTW, My hosts were wonderful again. They are extremely friendly and helpful in any direction. Apart, they have a great rabbit meat from which I ate two large portions (I felt ashamed) with marinade peppers and garlic. Very tasty!!

2) Radovets and Ustrem are close to each other. In the past, in order to bring some rain people used to make a kurban. People from Ustrem stole a Radovets' sheep and made the kurban out of it. Then in rained indeed, however only in Radovets :))) (By Tonkata)

Tabac is a means of living here
Nice view at the Tundja river bank
I always spot garbage next to the road. This time it was a full one!


Powered by bulgariatrue.com

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар